The Marr Auto Car Company was incorporated in 1902 as a Detroit Corporation by Walter Lorenzo Marr. The car was designed by Mr. Marr and built in Elgin Illinois by Fauber Manufacturing.
The Marr Auto Car received an order at the Chicago Auto Show in 1902 for more than 500 cars and began production to fill the orders.
Fauber's plant burned to the ground in 1903 taking all inventory with it. One complete car is known to have survived and it is featured here. brass era classic cars
The Ford Museum purchased the surviving car in 1935 from Ohio during the depression. The car remained there until it was auctioned in 1985 and purchased by Jerry Martin.
Jerry and Mike restored the car to a running vehicle and it was sold to Marr dependents in 1999 and remains in the Mr. Marr's family.
Although restored to much of it's original design the car had several changes that needed to be made. Mr. Marr kept the original color sales brochures as well as other material that made it possible for his descendants to make the final changes to return it to it's past glory.
The car has shown twice at the Amelia Concours. In 2000 the Marr Car won the Fashion Award and was shown by Bill and Sarah Close. In 2015 the car won Best of Class.
The Marr Auto Car has shown in 2000, 2005, and 2015. The car has won Best of Class each time and has been shown by Bill and Sarah Close as well as Barton and Cindy Close.
The Marr Auto Car won Best of Class at Meadow Brook's Concours d'Elegance before the show moved to St. Johns. The car was shown by Bill and Sarah Close.
The car was shown at Ault Park by Bill and Sarah Close.
Bill and Barton Close showed the Marr Auto Car at Keenland in 2007 and it won Best of Class.
The Marr Auto Car has shown in 2016 and 2018 at The Henry Ford's Old Car Fest and was judged in 2018 and won 1st place in the "1908 and Older" category.
Sign up to receive updates on the Marr Auto Car's latest showing.